fredag, januari 04, 2019

Musikåret 2018 + The end of Musikfeber 2006-2018


I started Musikfeber in November 2006. It has been my darling for so many years, and I've had a lot of fun running it. However, all things comes to an end eventually. And as you may have noticed, Musikfeber has been pretty much on life support over the last 4-5 years.

Life changes. Interests changes. I'm still passionate about music, but I don't consume it the same way I used to. I don't throw myself over every new album that's released, unless it's from one of my favourite bands. Thanks to the introduction of DAB+ in Norway, the radio channels I listen to mostly plays "older" stuff, and hence I miss out on a lot of new releases. And I can't really remember the last time I bought a music magazine, or read a music related blog.

I've thought about putting this blog to sleep several times, but I couldn't bear the thought of separation. I guess it needed time to settle in, because now, it feels like the right time to do it. It's sad, but if I can't put my entire heart and soul in it, like I used to, then there's no point in continuing.

I'm not saying it's definite. Perhaps I will return one day. Who knows. But for now, it's goodbye. You may still follow me on Spotify and Twitter if you like. I will most likely continue to post new music discoveries on Twitter.

Thanks to everyone around the globe who has sent me their music! And to all the readers! Much appriciated.

Rounding it all off with my Best of 2018 Spotify list. And my number one favourite song of the year.
Pay special attention to the two songs by The Barnband. That's the music for the childrens book "Jakta på støvelen" by Ole Halvor Fossum. I strongly recommend both the book and the CD!





My number one favourite song of the year is just a masterpiece in my ears. You know how great songs are usually way too short? Not this one. This song is given the perfect amount of time to evolve in the way that it does. 6min and 44 seconds of eargasm, if you like hard rock/metal that is ;-) If you dont, there are a few good pop songs on the list as well. Check it out!

See you around guys. Thanks. /Malin







2 kommentarer:

Boggen sa...

Snyft! Har haft samma tankar. Boggbloggen lever, men knappt. Sätt att lyssna på, konsumera musik och också livet med dess intressen förändras. Tack för en grym blogg och för all inspiration och alla tips genom åren!

Malin sa...

Tusen tack, Ola! Och tack själv! Du och Skivgrisen var de jag läste flitigast! Fått många fina tips från er 😊